[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV DVB-T

Hi

I recently purchased one of those cards (last Sat) and have got it
working fine. It was not easy, I started with the debian packages, which
are so old now I didn't even get the card to be seen. I tried the CVS
which was confusing. However if I had realised I didn't need to modprobe
dvb and only modprobe dvb-ttpci and grundig_29504_401 modules it
probably would have worked.

However the easiest method I have found yet is to download kernel 2.5.54
which seems to be relatively stable (no oops's to date) but the only
problem is that some of the drivers in other areas are works in progress
and don't compile.

I use my card with dvbstream and dvbtune built from cvs and they do
indeed tune the card and I can watch TV on my laptop via wireless lan if
I find a modest bitrate stream (I've got the choice of 6Mb/s or 3.5Mb/s
and the latter works).

I hope this helps..

Regards

Mike Albon

ps. It would  be really nice to see a vlc compatible dvbstream.

--
Mike Albon <mikea@yuri.org.uk>