[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C driver (Re: More thoughts on coldbootdriver crash)

>Maybe you could find out what really happens when you drop
>lock and try to fix that?
>
>With my (yes, broken, yada yada) DVB-T card I could get a bad
>lock even when tuned slightly off, which mean that if
>the zigzagger thought it had a signal drop it could start to
>zigzag, find the carrier on a less than optimal frequency,
>and stay happy with that.

I do also belive that at least DVB-C cards do NOT need zigzagging.
In fact, I think it is only harmfull. It zigzaggs around untill it
eventually returns to the same freq it started with.

But what also happens is that when I leave it on (tuned on to some
channel) and it looses lock, it doesn't get the lock back without
my doing:

make rmmod
make insmod

The same happens with zigzag on and zigzag off.

Josce