[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie questions

Bruno Prior wrote:
> I think I have tzap working, but I can't run xawtv. I get messages like
> the following:
>
> can't open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory

do you have a Fullfeatured card with MPEG decoder onboard (do you see a
chip labeled with a big 'DSP' logo and the string av7110 or av7111 in
the name)?

> I have no /dev/v4l. I wondered whether I was supposed to use the video
> devices under /dev/ost instead, but "xawtv -c /dev/ost/video0" didn't

use a recent driver from CVS and the makedev.napi script in the
DVB/driver directory. The video device /dev/dvb/adapter0/video is not
intended as v4l device, you use it to control the MPEG video decoder.

Holger