[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S into Budget modification

Hi Emard and all,

At 20:01 01/01/2003 +0100, Emard wrote:

>I hand-modified the patch for your hardware modification
>to work for latest CVS from convergence. ...

Thanks by your adaptation.

>..- I tried it and
>I see that after the patch, ts data doesn't flow (because
>I don't have the HW modification)

Sure :-).

>Can you check does it work for you? (also apply my interrupt
>stability patch)

Sorry by the delay, as I wasn't using any modern driver, not other VDR that
1.0.4 .

On other PC (K7 @1265MHz) that I was also having an inmediate crash with
VDR and the modified card & drivers, I've instaled the driver snapshot of
30/12/2002 and VDR 1.1.19 .

With the modified driver (your adaptation of my patch), I get an inmediate
crash ('Scheduling in interrupt...' [1]) when VDR start (the image isn't
show yet, only the OSD).

[1] Could anyone explain this a few more?. Is it some "forbiden" call, wich
    would imply a dispatch, in the interrupt routine?. Supossedly, the
    SAA7146 interrupts are disabled and the interrupt routine will not be
    reentered; on the old drivers the filtering of the packets is done in
    the interrupt routine and the crash is exactly the same.

With your interrupt stability patch, the crash is delayed a few minutes (2,
5, 2 on my tests).

After set the PCI Latency to 128, seems that the  system is a few more
stable (9, 5, 8 minutes to crash), but nothing good anyway :-(.

Best regards:
--
Roberto Deza Asensio
Universidad de Navarra