[linux-dvb] Re: Dvb in uk

Are you using the Nova-T from dabs or a full-feature card ?

After days of searching round on the net I have failed to find any complete explaination on how to use the nova-t. Most stuff says that it works as follows unless your using the nova-t but does not explain what you do if you do have a nova-t

Atish Nazir wrote:

In the UK, again you have little choice...

The de facto card is the Hauppauge Nova-T retailing from dabs.com and the like for about £100 inc. VAT. It's a budget card. If you want a full-feature DVB-T card, Hauppauge can get them for you if you ask them directly.

The DVB-T card has been one of my favourite additions to this Linux box apart from my BT dongle. The picture and sound quality are fantastic! And it's quite neat watching / recording multiple channels at the same time, for example Independence Day and Little Voice this evening :o) The 2002-Oct-10 DVB CVS has been working very sweetly for me and I am currently kindling a worrying QVC addiction -- damn them and their damn micro fibre towels!

This is stuff specific to VDR, but there's nothing to stop you from using a budget card and using MPlayer / Xine to view the MPEG2 streams..
Of course, that's not really a comfortable solution for watching TV from your armchair :)

Never tried pumping MPlayer via my TV out as yet (not owning a TV playing some role in this), however do I control my viewing experience from bed with BT enabled PDA and some scripted Perl webpages >:o)

Anyway, time to catch up on today's Neighbours (at least it's not "Fame Academy")...

Happy New Year Everyone!

--

Will Tatam
Email / JID will@netmindz.net