[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie questions

Mike Albon wrote:
You'll want to add '-qam 16 -cr 3_4' to both the dvbtune and dvbstream
lines.
Doesn't help. dvbtune -i -f 505833 -qam 16 -cr 3_4 gives:

Using DVB card "Grundig 29504-401"
tuning DVB-T (in United Kingdom) to 505833000 Hz
polling....
Getting frontend event
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Event: Frequency: 505833000
SymbolRate: 0
FEC_inner: 3
Bit error rate: 65535
Signal strength: 12079
SNR: 59624
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
<transponder type="T" freq="505833000">
Nothing to read from fd_pat
Nothing to read from fd_sdt
</transponder>

I can get a lower Bit error rate (= 69) if I specify the frequency in Hz rather than kHz, but otherwise no change. Running scan_uk-t.sh gives the same sort of response for each of the frequencies (conveniently, Crystal Palace is my local transmitter). Surely this isn't just a signal problem? Wouldn't I see at least something if it was just a question of poor reception?

Also 600 601 doesn't sound right, try 601 602 on 505833 (with -qam 16
-cr 3_4)
Also doesn't help. No different to using 600 601. I guess the "Could not connect to socket" and "No such file or directory" messages from mplayer indicate that dvbstream is streaming nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions, but there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with my setup. And it seems to be pretty similar to Will Tatam's problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Bruno Prior