[linux-dvb] Re: problems with a mostly lockable signal

In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > I THINK I am using the stv0299, it talks about finding it in the kernel
> > initialization. (note: I am using DVB head, for 2.4 kernels)
>
> Then adjust you satellite dish so that you get your signal more stable.

it is too small for this particular transponder.  I can receive this
transponder when the rotation of the planet is right, atmospherics are in
my favour, and a whole slew of other things that I don't understand.

> > Often times I must unload and reload the driver modules to resolve
> > this.  Usually by the time I start losing the driver, I am getting many
> > crunchies in the audio and the words are no longer intelligable.
>
> sure.

I don't like having to reload the modules, that causes a gap of at least
30 seconds.

Is there hope to fix the stv0299 problems?

> Please try to find out which parts of those patchsets improve your
> situation and report.

there was a message that had a patch attached, the body of the message
said something like

I have tried to fix the most obvious of these (talking about race
conditions) that produced good results.

_J

> Holger

From field.