[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune signal strength

On Thursday 09 January 2003 11:09 pm, Will Tatam wrote:
> Silly question i know, but what is a good set of values for dvbtune ?
>
> Signal=13107, Verror=14191, SNR=47802dB, BlockErrors=0, (S|L|C|V|SY|)

Hmm, I'm sure I wrote to this about this recently!

My own tests with DVB-T in the UK have shown that you can maintain a stable
TV picture as long as Verror is below about 10000.

The key thing to note is that if you start getting BlockErrors, it means
there wasn't enough good data received to output a valid MPEG stream.

From those values I would expect a 'good' TV picture - perhaps some MPEG
artefacts every couple of minutes as atmospheric conditions change...

gdh