[linux-dvb] Re: Second language problem

Hello Antonino,

I can't be sure for rev 2.2 card (I only have rev 1.3 cards) but it seems Aston CAMs never worked well with convergence driver/firmware.

I have to use a modified convergence driver using TT firmware to be able to switch between 2 Audio Pids.The problem is I can't use latest VDR versions.

You can find more information browsing Maillist archives.
(driver is the one from www.linuxdvb.tv)

Regards,
Patrick.

Antonino Sergi wrote:
I can't hear anything from second language pids.
I configured vdr with two audio pids as described in docs, bu the second
audio channel is mute; I verified pids by windows software (that make me
hear second language).
AFAIK it could be a CA problem (multiple language channels I tried are
encrypted), but I can't verify this because I don't know a FTA multiple
language channel.

I tried also to define a channel with only the second language and tune
it firstly (after loading driver), because I heard about "driver aging"
about this topic.

I'm using old 0.9.4 driver, rev2.2 full card, CAM aston rev 1.05

Thanks to all