[linux-dvb] Re: szap/driver problems

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:33:58PM +0100, Matthias Behr wrote:
> > After detecting the QPSK link chip and the PLL chip the driver
> > could try out the settings for the SU1278 and BSRU6 (and
> > other frontends) when tuned for the first time.
>
> When using the bsru6 control word for the su1278 it completely freezes
> because it doesn't get the buffered 4 MHz XTAL frequency anymore ( in
> control byte 2 XCE=1 and XCS=0 ). After that only a power off helps as eg
> the KNC1 card can't reset the su1278.

This happens because the input clock pin (CLK_IN) of the STV0299 is
connected to the f_xtal/f_comp signal output pin (XT/COMP) of
the TSA5059. After power-on reset the XT/COMP pin outputs f_xtal (test
operation, see TSA5059 datasheet p. 10). The BSRU6 driver deactivates
XT/COMP, the STV0299 gets no clock signal and the SU1278 freezes.

> I can't test what happens if the bsru6 is used with the su1278 settings.

I suppose the BSRU6 gets its clock signal directly from a crystal
oscillator and the XT/COMP output pin is not used. It should also
work with XT/COMP activated.

Peter