[linux-dvb] Re: szap/driver problems

Peter Schildmann writes:
 > This happens because the input clock pin (CLK_IN) of the STV0299 is
 > connected to the f_xtal/f_comp signal output pin (XT/COMP) of
 > the TSA5059. After power-on reset the XT/COMP pin outputs f_xtal (test
 > operation, see TSA5059 datasheet p. 10). The BSRU6 driver deactivates
 > XT/COMP, the STV0299 gets no clock signal and the SU1278 freezes.
 >
 > > I can't test what happens if the bsru6 is used with the su1278 settings.
 >
 > I suppose the BSRU6 gets its clock signal directly from a crystal
 > oscillator and the XT/COMP output pin is not used. It should also
 > work with XT/COMP activated.

That's one of the things I put into the stv0299 driver half a year ago
when we first supported the KNC card. Nobody with BSRU6 complained at
that time. So, this should be no problem.

Another thing was that the I2C register had to be set to 0xb5 so that
the I2C timeout bits are set. Otherwise the I2C bus of the SU1278
could lock up. Also doesn't seem to hurt the BSRU6.
The only other differences are the inverted inputs and gain control which of
course can be (and are) different again on other cards with SU1278.

Ralph