[linux-dvb] frequency bending on DVB-T cards

Hi, following on from my recent frequency bending investigation.. it
appears to be rather useless on WinTv Nova-T cards.. they seem to have
much less of a tolerance for the "slightly off" frequencies used for
this feature.

I think there should be a way of disabling it if it isn't actually
useful (and in fact results in annoying delays while the bending is
attempted and fails) for certain tuners. I was thinking of adding a
boolean field to the frontend structure indicating whether bending
should be used or not.

What do people think I should do if two cards which are marked not to
use bending are then tuned to the same frequency... "tune and be
damned", or return an appropriate error for the second card?

Incidentally, I see my grundig patch now doesn't find the tuner the very
first time but finds it every time thereafter. sigh. patch coming soon.

--
Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>