[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with linux-dvb-ll

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:27:49 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> DOm wrote:
> >
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I tried to install linux-dvb.2003-01-08-ci-ll drivers on my system
> > but i had some problems.
> > "make insmod" return me this error:
> >
> > make[1]: *** [insmod] Error 139
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/vdr/1.1.21/DVB/driver/av7110'
> > make: *** [insmod] Error 2
> >
> > and a strange (at least for me) thing appears in lsmod:
> >
> > dvb-ttpci             302672   1  (initializing)
> >
> > and in /var/log/messages there are some errors too.
> > I send in attachment the interesting part on my /var/log/messages

> > My system is a Debian Sid (aka Unstable) , and maybe these problems
> > are related to the recent switch to gcc 3.2.2 as default compiler on
> > my distribution.
> > My Dvb-s is a FullFeatured Rev. 1.3 and i do not have any CI module.
> > The card shares IRQ 9 with usb-hci.

Hemm,
I forgot to say that the kernel was compiled with gcc-2.95 and the
drivers with gcc-3.2.....
Maybe my problems derived from that...
Well, i can recompile my kernel again with gcc-3.2 but i would to ask if
it will be possible to have a Make.config even in the drivers tree, so
we can change the compiler to use in a cleaner way.

Thank you all,
   Angelus.