[linux-dvb] Re: EOVERFLOW with section filter

all of the code I've seen reads 3 bytes, determines the length, then reads
the correct amount.  but if your buffer is 4096 and you try to read 8k or
buffersize, you might hit this problem.  My understanding is that a
section shall be no larger than 4096 bytes?

_J

In the new year, Felix Domke wrote:

> >Well, the machine is nearly idle, so the program shouldn't be the
> >cause, but there seem to be bursts of data.
> >
> Maybe you read()ing less  than the maximum section size (8k  if i
> remember correctly). A bigger section (that your buffer) will be kept in
> the buffer, since you can only read complete sections. The buffer will
> overflow then.
>
> always read 8k, read() will return always with at most(!) one section.
> You can determine the length a.) using the return value of read() or b.)
> using the  length-fields of the section. (byte 1, 2)
>
> felix
>

> --
> Info:

From field.