[linux-dvb] Re: pentavalue under linux troubles

however I'm also making some experiments trying to receive IP packets.
when a transmitter transmit to 1,4 Mbps, I can receive all packets (in
perfect weather conditions, etc.), but when the transmitter increases
the bitrate (from 1,4 to 2 Mbps) I lose some packets. with a protocol
that we are testing in my university, we can transmit a file
via-satellite with a redundancy (10% ca.), so I can receive the file,
but I have 1 or 2 udp packets lost every 110...
well, there are old tests. now I want to test my system with new
drivers, improving the distro I made for this purpose, etc.
have you experienced similar troubles?

I have experience such problems with a 4-5% FEC on the Hauppage Nova, and I kept loosing packets regulary during the transmission. But that was a while ago. I'm going to try it again with my new Nexus DVB-s and the latest CVS.

By the way, I would like to have a step by step setup because I can't set up mine. I'm having a hard time. I get the interface up in ifconfig (dvb0_0), but I can't

ps: what is "pentavalue"?

Pentavalue is a card from Pentamedia :

http://www.pentamedia.com/english/products/penta-value.htm

They have drivers under linux that work just great. Really nice install, great drivers, etc... But they don't have a DVB-s card (the pentavision) running under linux.

Regards,

--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development