[linux-dvb] Re: Newbie questions

> BTW this is your ITV1 (made up the params field just for eg) you can see
> the differing Prog id, video and audio pids.  Obviously the your
> transmitter and mine operate on different channels so a differing freq
> is to be expected.
>
> ITV 1:764000:V:0:27500000:512:650:0:0:8274

Guessing because I recieve ITV1 Tyne Tees and my regional BBC1 and C4
(region specific ads, don't think C5 is...).
I forgot about regionalisation and just assumed they would be the same for
all transmitters.  ITC recently ruled that UK broadcasters could use
either QAM16 or QAM64.  Apparantly BBC moved to QAM16 because it gives
better signal and therefore could be recieved by more people.

oh, btw I have been having those problems with dvbtune tuning to random
muxes - very clever of it to know the frequencies to tune to when I hadn't
even entered them ???

Guy