[linux-dvb] Re: can't find lirc

Simon Fuhrmann wrote:
Hello!

I have a problem here getting lirc to work.

My Video Hardware:
  Hauppauge Nexus DVB-s

My Software:
  Kernel 2.4.19
  DVB drivers from cvs, 2 days old

I searched in the mailing list for answers but I cold not fond a thing.
I searched with google because the search on the mailing list seems to
be broken. It always returns the same thing:

No matches were found for '<everything>'

I used the nano howto to install the drivers and so. Everything works
fine but this one does not work:

--------8<-------- cut here --------8<--------

DVB SIDE
========
[I assume you have installed the DVB drivers under /DVB, load the
modules with
make insmod under /DVB/drivers, then]
# cd /DVB/drivers/lirc
# make
# make insmod

--------8<-------- cut here --------8<--------

This directory (DVB/drivers/lirc) is empty. I can not do "make" or so:

  black:~/test/DVB/driver/lirc# ll
  total 4.0k
  drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4.0k Jan 16 16:46 CVS

  black:~/test/DVB/driver/lirc# ll CVS/
  total 12k
  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root            2 Jan 14 21:03 Entries
  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           16 Jan 14 21:03 Repository
  -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           44 Jan 14 21:03 Root

  black:~/test/DVB/driver/lirc# make
  make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I tried the old install the lirc drivers from the old version, but this
one does not compile.

Whats wrong? Where can I find the lirc kernel modules?

If you don't want to use the Hauppauge RC, you may install the lirc package from www.lirc.org. I use it with the serial port receiver and an old TV control.

Wolfgang

Thanks.