[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S budget patch - full TS

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 11:56:56AM +0000, Steven Toth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading the threads on the linuxtv mailing lists regards getting
> a full clean TS stream from the premium dvb-s cards.
>
> I've seen the patch but didn't really know wther it was stable or not.

Me didn't either. I modified my tt 1.3 card and accepted whatever random
result could have arised from the modification. After some stumbling with
soldering and patching of the software today I finally made some patch that is
useful and relatively stable.

It crashed twice during ifconfig dvb* network interface but I can't
reproduce it any more.

I estimate it's stability is about the same as convergence unmodified
driver for tt 1.3. (i.e. I have seen several crashes with that).

> Does the patch work, are full clean TS streams now available on the regular
> premium dvb-s cards?

The patch works, both on screen display and full TS access works at the same time.
(as far as network interface is concerned. alevt opens pages faster therefrom I
indirectly concluded that full TS access is present. I don't know how to test
full TS otherwise).

Patched tt 1.3 compared to Budget has lower BER than budget card, I guess the
frontend is of higher quality.

Best regards, Emard

Here's a small cosmetic modification of the patch attached.