[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S budget patch - full TS

HI Richard,

> What I am wondering, before I get my soldering iron out, is whether the
> patch in it's present form will make any difference to the current
> drivers "transfer mode - timeshift" problem on lower powered computers?

Hmmm I don't know about that transfer timeshift problem. There should be
no difference. You can try the software patch without the hardware to
see will modification impact that. You can force detection of the hardware
although hardware is not present and driver will display on-screen-display,
tune etc except full TS transfer.

The patch will not add any significant power consumption, maybe 1..2 mA more
power drain.

> I have a P1 233 with DVB-s 2.1 and am unable to do simultaneous
> record/replay without the screen and recording showing bad disturbances.
> Will the modification fix this?

I have fixed DMA disturbances that caused screen artefacts.

Also disturbances may come from incorrect PCI latency settings. You should
do small calculaton and use setpci, to configure PCI latency properly.
BIOS should do this but it doesn't set things correctly. See my previous posts
to Roberto Deza about PCI latency. Among other settings, this is be required:

setpci -d 1131:7146 latency_timer=80

Best regards, Emard