[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-S budget patch - full TS

HI

> I think I may have confused something Roberto wrote, when he initially
> announced his modification. I thought perhaps that this would allow a
> more efficient method of doing simultaneous record/replay by avoiding
> the firmware and leaving the AV7111 to just do the MPEG2 decoding/video
> encoding/OSD.

But that's true, AV711* is left doing decoding, video and osd while
TS transfer goes through the patch hardware.

> I guess as this would involve doing the TS filtering etc. in software,
> (bypassing the Av7111), it probably would not be a win on my low powered
> CPU, as it would then be doing this work.

That's right it's not for low power CPU. Especially, regarding stability,
it is not recommended for CPU to sleep idle in BIOS APM while using this
DVB driver. It is CPU intensive. Full TS feed on Pentium 1 200 MMX will
result in cpu usage near 90%, Pentium 3 733 is minimum for reasonable
system operation.

> Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, as I am still trying to get my
> head around the signal flow through the card.

Your picture about signal flow seems to be right.