[linux-dvb] Re: Patch: fidbirq() with recovery after lost intr

Emard wrote:
I'm setting up the card with:

saa7146_write(saa->mem, DD1_INIT, 0x020006c0);

Then, in interrupt handler I'm reading the actual field ID from the card:

field=0x80&saa7146_read(av7110->saa_mem, PSR);

as opposite to the current code, which is changing[B DD1_INIT in every
fidbirq() call.

Nice work, M., and proper philosophy regarding DMA.

I converted your code to dvb-kernel and tested it in *very* heavy
environment. Packet loss is extremely low, Stability is absolute.

Here's my patch on which I have tested that. fidbirq is now very
smooth :).
Your patch does too many things at once.

Please split it into 3 pieces, then I'll apply it. One for fidbirq(), one for your patch stuff and a 3rd one for your square signal generation code on the RPS1 engine (btw, does this works on all cards??).

Otherwise it will get pretty hard to spot out which lines in your patch cause a bug in case of troubles...

Michael: can you please review+comment the fidbirq() and square signal generation stuff?

many thanks,

Holger