[linux-dvb] Re: USB DVB (-c/-s) Designs

Christian Cier-Zniewski wrote:
Hi,

I am wondering if there are a few other people interested in a
modified USB DVB Design for cable and/or sat.

Personally, I am really interested in a cable version to experiment with.
Is any work done in this particular direction?
Several people asked me about this, but I don't know anybody working on it.

What tuner modules and demodulators would you suggest?
(They should be easy to get as a private person.)
Tuner modules are hard to get in any case. Try a TDA10021 based cable frontend from Philips or LG for DVB-C and a STV0299 based frontend from Alps or LG for DVB-S.

Holger