[linux-dvb] Re: EOVERFLOW with section filter

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 11:57:45AM +0100, Javier Lopez wrote:
> Hi, sorry if I ask a stupid question. I don't have knowledge about this.
>
> But ..., could this discusion have any relation with driver hang when
> tunning to transponder 12380-V at Hispasat 30.0W? I always thought it could
> be because big amount of EPG information sent by this transponder. Is it
> possible to increase some buffers to check it? How?

Some pay-TV channels send huge amounts of EPG info, which occasionally
causes -EOVERFLOW, but that doesn't cause any other problems for me.
You'd have give us more detailed information about your problem to find
out the problem, but I suspect it's not related to section filters.

Regards,
Johannes
If I change from-to a channel in this transponder for about 4 times, I get; sometimes a change in OSD color (very dificult to read), and other times a driver crash. It happens to other people also (I think to everybody).

For example
Antena 3:12380:v:S30.0W:27500:4192:4193:0:0:3

I have reported this last august and last october, but I don't have enought knowledgment to debug it:

A lot of Hispasat users will be happy if finaly the bug is found.

Thanks