[linux-dvb] Re: USB DVB (-c/-s) Designs

Am Mit, 2003-01-22 um 12.24 schrieb Holger Waechtler:
> Christian Cier-Zniewski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am wondering if there are a few other people interested in a
> > modified USB DVB Design for cable and/or sat.
> >
> > Personally, I am really interested in a cable version to experiment with.
> > Is any work done in this particular direction?
>
> Several people asked me about this, but I don't know anybody working on it.
>

> > What tuner modules and demodulators would you suggest?
> > (They should be easy to get as a private person.)
>
> Tuner modules are hard to get in any case. Try a TDA10021 based cable
> frontend from Philips or LG for DVB-C and a STV0299 based frontend from
> Alps or LG for DVB-S.
>
> Holger

You told on the list that only layout for tuner an some voltage has to
be adjusted for c/s-frontend.

What about just wiring DVB-S-frontend-pins on the PCB 5 mm off from the
pins of DVB-T-fontend? This way the PCB could be used either for DVB-T
or S by just changing frontend and voltage-regulator.

Rene