[linux-dvb] Re: Experience building DVS dvb-kernel on 2.4.18 for budget Nova-T

Stephen Davies:

> I pulled it from the CVS - yesterday's version (2003-01-26).
> 1) 2.4.18 kernel doesn't export get_user_pages
> 2) Had some problems with GPLONLY symbols in saa7146*.c and video-buf.c
> 3) "unlikely" was unknown in video-buf.c
> 4) in compat.[hc], vmalloc_to_page included for all kernels <2.5.0.
> 5) In video-buf.c, BUG_ON wasn't defined

Interestingly I had none of these problems with 2.4.18 and dvb-kernel
from, I think, last friday which compiled with no change (except changing
KDIR and DEST in the Makefile to point to my kernel, which is not the
running kernel on the compilation box). My 2.4.18 is the one from the
Debian kernel-source package, which I think is the kernel.org version
or very close to it.

(Another way to avoid some of these issues would be not to compile
video-buf etc. It seems budget cards like the Nova-T don't use this
at all.)

> My problem then was that dvbstream would capture a few seconds of video
> and then data would stop.

Same here with Nova-S, and same solution with the dvb_core flag.

--
franck@nenie.org