[linux-dvb] Re: Software-only Loopback DVB

> This would require an MPEG-decoder, if you don't have this your test
> tone and images don't make any sense.

What about ts2ps | mplayer -> there will definitely be some
image and tone then. I'm talking first of budget type DVB loopback

I need this software only DVB loopback because I think there's
a bug in sw_demux that crashes it when it receives certain garbled data.

> >to simulate real situation.
>
> We could register a software demux on request. This would allow
> DVB-over-IP applications using the DVB infrastructure. The DVB over IP
> protocol was specified in TM2578R3 "Transport of DVB Services over
> IP-based networks, MPEG-2 TS", when somebody has some time it would be
> great to introduce "network-frontends" which can feed the demux directly.

Mmmm that's very interesting.