[linux-dvb] Re: Premium DVB-S full TS possible?

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 10:08:08PM +1030, Michael Portmann wrote:
> Hi..
>
>   Looking on the list, there seems to be some discussion about a hardware
> modification to allow a premium DVB-S card (ie, Siemens, TT, etc) to offer
> the complete TS.
>
>   am I getting confused here?
>   or is it possible, if so where do I find out the details of this mod?
>
> Regards,
> Michael Portmann

Yes, you can build the modification using Roberto's original
PCL files or my postscript version (attached and recommended).

It's almost useable, you can run network full speed and
view with mplayer. There are still some missing packets,
visible as artefacts every 10 seconds or so.

I hope I'll fix that by improving rps1 code and rewriting
(again) the fidbirq for more intelligent interrupt loss and
latency recovery.

Emard