[linux-dvb] AW: Re: DVB driver for B2C2 based budget cards (such as Technisat SkyStar 2)

>> In many coutries even disassembling the driver in order to write a
completely new one is ont illegal EVEN IF the vendors licence
prohibits disassembling.

Do you know what countries these are or do you have any pointers to some
literature on this topic? I think the other part of the story is if
anyone (let’s say: the vendor) was ever able to prove that one
disassembled his driver in order to gain the necessary information. I
don’t think that a vendor has any legal means to force the author of
some piece of software to proof where he or she got his or her knowledge
from. And I don’t think it can be illegal to publish a piece of
software, can it?

Aside from legal issues, I am not sure if I think it will be realistic
to understand the chipset interface from looking at the uncommented
disassembled code. Anyone has any experience with this? I might be wrong
or over-estimate the complexity ?!?

>> There is an available Linux driver.

I’ve heard that, but please, where is it?

Torsten