[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver for B2C2 based budget cards (such as Technisat SkyStar 2)

That's a great idea.

AFAIK it has been declared legal in the European Union to use reverse
engeneering, if the vendor does not offer a own driver. Just reverse
engeneer this one:
http://www.esat.pl/sterowniki.html#skystar2
You can do that even if it's illeagal in your country. Just send the result
to somebode in a country where reverse engeneering is legal and let him
publish it. Who will be able to say in which country the work was done?
Right: nobody!
Or put it somewhere on the net and let the open source world "accidently"
find the work...

BTW: I am not able to see any reason why B2C2 does not want do publish the
programming reference. They must be stupid to leave the linutxtv market to
Technotrend. I would buy two SkyStar 2 cards, if there where a linuxtv
compatible B2C2 driver. And I am sure many other people would do so, too.

@B2C2: It ist NOT sufficient to provide only a closed source driver that
isn't even compatible with the linux standard DVB API.