[linux-dvb] Re: PAT/PMT decoding

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 01:30:39PM -0000, Andy Coates wrote:
>> Carrying on from this, can someone who's used to decoding these
>> tables tell me if the following hex dump of part of a TS packet (PID
>> 0) is producing a PAT section_number and last_section_number of 0?
>
> Read the specs. Or the source.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbsak/ does PAT/PMT etc. decoding.

Yeah its not that I can't find one to decode, but I want to write my own
and I find it easier if I do everything from scratch so I can understand
it instead of just copying code.

My end goal is to write a program that can read from stdin a TS stream
and produce PAT/PMT/SDT/EIT information.  Programs I've found so far
only tie into the DVB stream direct.

Andy.