[linux-dvb] Re: DVB driver for B2C2 based budget cards (such as Technisat SkyStar 2)

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:02:14PM +0100, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> >> Skymedia is a totally different chipset.
>
> Which one?

Look below. I have posted all the data off the chips.
This is NOT SAA7146 (the chip in TechnoTrend).

> If it is not B2C2, is it TechnoTrend or a 3rd one?

3rd one.

> For how much does the card sell (compared to B2C2 based cards)?

The 200D version is about 1.5 times the price of B2C2.

The "D" means "data only". They have also 200 and 300 models. These
have hardware MPEG decoders and are thus much more expensive.

Stil cheaper then SAA7146 cards:
The SAA7146 "budget" cards cost 2.5 times of B2C2.
The "full" SAA7146 with hardware MPEG cost about 6.0 times B2C2.

> Torsten

I'am going to anwser your questions about the details of Netsystem.com
licence and real satellite bandwith shortly, but I want to do it in
detail so I need a little time to gather everything.

cheers,

P.S.: Note to everyone: please DO NOT send posts both to my e-mail and
      to the list. Send all anwsers ONLY to the list. Mail directly to
      me only if there is something really secret so the public should
      not see it.

--
___ ICQ: 4004001 ___/___ tel.: +48608233394 ___/  mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl