[linux-dvb] Re: Any DVB-T card recomendation - or should i continue with my Nova-T ;-)

At 23:31 04/07/2003, you wrote:
Is there any card that can be recomended and that works well? - Or is there
any other solution than buying a fullfeatured card only for the OSD?
I think the Nova-T works quite well for me. Small "locks" in the pictures
sometimmes only.

Hauppage WinTV DVB-T for approx 268 EUR (A Swedish company; www.dustin.se)
Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 229 EUR (www.dvbshop.tv)
You could buy a full featured DVB-s (satellite) or DVB-c (cable) card as primary interface (around 180 EUR or cheaper from ebay) and then use vdr to feed the primary card with data in transfed mode. Note however that currenly the drivers have a problem with no signal on the primary card and ARM crash. This will hopefully be fixed in the future but until then you either need a strong statellite or cable signal on the primary card.

A second DVB-T card would probably be quite nice for recording from different transponders however if you look at the list archives people here are reporting ARM crashes or tuning problems and lines running throug the TV output pic with full featured DVB-T cards. Some better some worse than others. No one is quite sure why and whether it's a driver / firmware problem or whether the rare full featured DVB-T cards have some kind of design error.