[linux-dvb] Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1.2 recommended for UK?

At 16:06 07/07/2003, you wrote:
> 4-5 channel changes looks terribly like the problem I've had with two cards
> which was resolved with 230k video memory (instead of 210k).
>
> Does replaying of recorded channels work fine?

Yes, replaying works, even if the fronted locked up.

Cheers,
Juri
I highly suspect there is still a a problem with video memory size for decoding. It used to be 240k in 0.9.4 and went down afterwards to support new features. Klaus managed to up it back to 230k and this works fine for replying (-> transfer mode). Maybe it's not quite enough for the full featured cards. A 240k version would be interesting. You'd have to use a 12 line OSD in vdr - but that's good enough for testing.

Moreover it would be interesting if someone with knowledge of the firmware could explain what "overflow buffer memory" is used for and whether there have been changes to this since 0.9.4 -- this seems to related to live view.