[linux-dvb] Ideas Wanted: Grundig STB Works, Nova-T Doesn't

Hi,

I've been trying to get a Nova-T card to work for the last couple of weeks and
been having real problems. I've got 2 different versions of this hardware, one
with a Grundig tuner and one with the TDA10045. With both cards I get a badly
corrupted picture on all but one mux (Crystal Palace transmitter).

I've tried various ways of getting at the data including dvbstreaming the PS
over the network and capturing the whole transport stream and splitting it up on
the same box. The result is always a file that has major league corruption and
often crashes mplayer.

I've tried this with the DVB Kernel and the pre release DVB driver.

Today, in frustration, I went and bought a set top box, plugged it in and it
worked first time.

The STB signal strength shows in the green, as does it's bit error rate. All the
channels display properly, including the ones the Nova-T doesn't like.

As the aerial and cabling are the same and I'm kind of assuming that the basic
hardware in these things doesn't differ that much from what's on the Nova-T card
I'm wondering if there's any other things I can try that I might have missed?

Thanks,

Martin