From: "Paolo Casagranda" <pcasagranda@hotmail.com>
To: Holger.Kiehl@dwd.de, linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Subject: [linux-dvb] Problems with multicast and dvb card
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 09:44:06 +0200

Hi Holger,
I address the issue primarily to you, because you made multicast work at the end ;-)
The issue is: we install the linuxtv drivers (configurations tried: RH8 + linuxpre3 and RH9 + original Kernel 2.4.20 + linuxpre2; the card is a TT-DVB-T but the chipset is the same of a lot of other cards), we configure them with dvbnet, and tcpdump or ethereal can read the multicast packets CORRECTLY: they have correct IP and MAC addresses. But at application level we don't see anything; it seems that in promiscuous mode the driver works and with an application it doesn't.

We solved this problem, with the old drivers, deleting the dvb->set_multicast_list = dev_net_set_multi; and manually setting the MACs to 01:00:5e:n2:n3:n4 but I know this is a workaround.

Maybe with the new drivers there's some additional step we miss...

Thank you for any suggestion
Paolo