[linux-dvb] Re: Getting in shape for 2.6

Title: RE: [linux-dvb] Re: Getting in shape for 2.6

The question was:

"
Probably.
AFAIK, they even did the first ever German trials of DVB-T in Cologne
many years ago. But these broadcasts were very limited.
I don't know how strong the regular operation signal would be (or is if already
present). We live in the far west of the city. We also currently have
no DVB-T hardware besides this TDA10046 card to test if we can receive
anything.
Is it possible to "see" digital signals on analog TV, i.e. does it
look different to normal static?

Ralph
"

From my understanding, the digital TV signals will look like static.  If you can connect at osciliscope which had an FFT built into it to the output of your TV tuner and you tuned through the channels, you could spot the digital signals because there would be signal there (either 6,7 or 8 Mhz wide signal looking like a square hump) but your TV would not be able to see it.

Maybe TV's can see something.  I don't know, I'm in the U.S.

-Brian