[linux-dvb] Re: Transponder switching taking considerably longer

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:52:27 +0200, Javier Marcet <lists@marcet.info>
wrote:

> It must be consequence of some of the other changes committed these days,
> since channel switching, whether on the same or on different
> transponders is appreciably faster now.

I think it is the change in dvb_frontend.c (adding schedule_timeout())
which delay the wakup of the frontend thread. Here I have the grundig
frontend and it is also somewhat better. But, if you enable the print in
dvb_frontend_recover() you will still see calls. The timeout value of
"1" may not be optimal in all situations. If I set it to "8" her it is
nearly perfect. Maybe the delay could be determined dynamically.

Emil