[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured DVB-T card update

On Friday 01 August 2003 17:41, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 03:22:26PM +0200, Juri Haberland wrote:
> > > PS: very first impression - tuning is not as reliable as with the patch
> > > I resend - but have to do some double checking before I can be sure...
> >
> > OK. Please also test adding the system controller stop/start (copy from
> > FE_SET_FRONTEND) to FE_RESET.
>
> I comitted something which should work to CVS (alps_tdlb7.c), but I can't
> test it myself because I don't have the hardware.
>
> Could you please test the latest greates CVS and report your results?

I tested the code from CVS which includes controller stop and start and the
sp8870_readreg calls in the FE_RESET case over the night again.

My impression is that is does not really change something at tuning or
lockups. As the problematic channel is again the old one, i guess that the
"troublesome" channel is related to the temperature or power.
I would say that no the sound comes before the picture, if this interesting.
One good thing about this new code is that the CPU load is very low if i
switch to a channel where i do not get picture after 2 seconds. I remeber
that tuning on such "troubelsome" channel caused definite load for some time
during "channel search".
The second good thing is that i now sometimes get a picture after several (10
or maybe more) seconds, where before i could switch back if i didnt got a
picture after 5 seconds.
In general i would call it an improvement.

Sorry if my descriptions sounds so relative or undefined.

Thanks for all the support
  Nils