[linux-dvb] DVB "scan" utility: feature request

Hi List,

Ever since I purchased my Nova-T PCI in the UK, the scan utility always "picks up" the incorrect frequency settings for my local transmitter in NE Scotland (Angus), but instead uses another local transmitters (Durris) settings instead. It even displays the wrong transmitter name.

However after looking at what is contained within the NIT table (via test_sections) of the "Angus" transmitter, it seems that it *does* provide the correct values, but provided within the "Frequency List Descriptor" as additional frequencies.

Here is a more descriptive  what I mean:
1) I put this frequency ("Angus") in initial.h (I remove all the other entries beforehand):
	.freq = 850000000,
2) After scanning, these are the frequencies I receive (the standard NIT ones I believe for "Durris"):
	546000000
	578000000
	722166670
	713833330
	634000000
	658000000
3) But the first (of six) entries within each occurence of the "Frequency List Descriptor" is correct (note the 850000000 for "Angus"):
	850000000
	834166670
	777833330
	801833330
	753833330
	825833330

Would it be possible to add some functionality to the scan utility, so that it will either use the NIT defaults or the "Frequency List Descriptor" depending on which is closest to the original initial.h frequency instead?

I am fairly new to programming in C, so I'm not too confident to making a patch myself.

Thanks,

John