[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C tuning problems caused by inittab changesin ves1820.c since 2003-05-24

--On Sunday, August 17, 2003 04:02:53 PM +0200 Holger Waechtler
<holger@convergence.de> wrote:

>> Because of this parameters (especially PWM) need to be set per card, I
>> ran into a problem: how to get the card number in following functions:
>>
>> int ves1820_attach (struct dvb_i2c_bus *i2c)
>>
>> int ves1820_init (struct dvb_frontend *fe)
>>
>> Hopefully anyone can help me here.
>
> i2c->adapter>num is the card number and i2c->id the number of the
> frontend on your card (usually 0, the index of the first one).

Ok, works for "ves1820_init", but sorry for stupid question:

How to get this number in "ves1820_init" which has only structure "fe"
available.

> But what do you thing about reprogramming the EEPROM? A simple
> pseudo-frontend driver that just rewrites the EEPROM is trivial to
> implement and avoids complicated per-card module parameters (think of the
> case that you're moving your cards, then you would have to rewrite your
> start scripts completely).

First: I'm not so familiar with this driver, second it's easy for testing
if such parameters can be supplied by module option, third: no rewrite of
start scripts required, only add options in /etc/modules.conf like

EXAMPLE, currently not supported by module (only private patch):
options ves1820 clkconf=0x12,0x12 carconf=0x12,0x12 pwm=0x38,-1

        Peter
--
Dr. Peter Bieringer                     http://www.bieringer.de/pb/
GPG/PGP Key 0x958F422D               mailto: pb at bieringer dot de