[linux-dvb] Re: Any experiences with Macs?

John Dalgliesh wrote:

> But I wonder if this has not already been done? Are there any other open
> source driver projects that maintain compatibility with both Linux and Mac
> OS X (and/or BSD)?

I think think some drivers have been ported from Linux to *BSD
or vice versa, but I don't think that any of them are maintained
in a common source repository.

> I was going to suggest something like this when I'd got some sort of a DVB
> framework in place in Mac OS X, and figured out how it interacts with
> Apple's existing driver families (e.g. video input through QuickTime).
> Still I suspect there will be resistance to this idea (of abstracting
> linux from the code) from the authors of the drivers - this is 'linux-dvb'
> after all!

If it is possible to run Unix/X11 applications under Mac OS-X, then
it would be desirable to provide the DVB API for Max OS-X, for ease
of porting applications. I've no idea if/how this would work with
native OS-X apps, though.

Johannes