[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Re: mailing-list broken?

Am Fre, 2003-08-29 um 22.50 schrieb Martin Fischer:
> On Friday 29 August 2003 18:54, Rene Bartsch wrote:
>
> > All mails have been sent to the VDR-ML by me. The mails and replies have
> > been received properly by me.
> > But additionally I get wierd replies by exim from a host "neptunus"
> > claiming the mail couldn't be delivered to an address "ramonz@neptunus".
>
> Same for me. I got 8 mails with this contents this day. It seems to be a
> wierd virus checker that rejects all incoming mail and tries to deliver
> a virus warning to the original sender.

This isn't the first list I have such experiences with crazy filters or
MTAs. But the first time I've been flooded with mails!

Having the address of the original sender is a security leak. It could
either be used to gather adresses by spammers or to DoS-attack users of
mailing-lists, which could drive off users from projects.

So the original senders should be removed from header by mailing-list
server.

I've cross-posted this mail to linux-DVB as the ML is maintained by
Convergence.

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24