[linux-dvb] Re: SUBS in mpeg-ts ?

Hi,

in the table  "Stream content and component type" the values assigned to
component_type for DVB subtitles  are 0x10..0x13 and 0x20..0x23,
so I guess that I should search one of those for SPU data, right ?

Thanks,

           Nico

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Nico wrote:

so far I've been searching subtitles in MPEG-TS identifying them when
in the PMT the stream_type of the ES loop is 0x6 and one of the descriptors has type 0x59.

That's not sufficient. you have to check the subtitling_type field
in the subscriptor, because the sub. desc. can also refer to
subtitles in VBI teletext pages (there are a lot of those in
German TV channels on Astra/Hotbird). See ETSI EN 300 468.

Are DVB subs in the same format as DVD subs?

No.

ETSI EN 300 743.

Johannes