[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-t remote control

The IR chip is most likely an MSP430, which is exactly what is used on the
budget-ci. Does your card look like this?
http://secret.cream.org/wintv-newtuner.jpg

As far as I can tell, the 2.6.0 drivers do not directly support remote control
for your Nova-T. I tried to activate the code in the budget-ci but
unfortunately I didn't know enough about how the whole system fits together,
so I failed
[ http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg11156.html ].

However, it is possible to apply the Jack Thomasson's patch to the DVB drivers
for the 2.4 series.

But you will need to hack the "attach" code so that it works even though you
don't have a "CI" card. You will then have an additionaly /dev/input/eventX
device which corresponds to the MSP 430 IR receiver.

Cheers

John