[linux-dvb] Newbie: Getting a picture with Skystar2

<Newbie zone>

I have a Skystar 2 installed & driver found
(skystar2.o and mt312).  scan doesn't work
right, but with "szap -r ZDF" I get signal and
a decent snr, and a ber of 0.

When I do mplayer - < /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
I get nothing, mplayer just says

   Playing -
   Reading from stdin...

when I interrupt it says:

   MPlayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: demux_open

MPlayer's from CVS August 24, 2003
My version of Xine is 0.9.18, probably too old to support the DVB option.
Is it possible to get the video using Xawtv, or does that require a
V4L2 type device instead of dvr0? (Not worried about channel changing
at the moment, just want to see a picture)

Thanks,
Bill