[linux-dvb] Re: NOVA-t remote control

Ed Wildgoose wrote:

However, curiously enough I already had loaded the driver:
dvb-ttpci-budget-ci
Your card must be one of the ones already supported by the driver then, the patch would do nothing new for you.

And this does in fact seem to be picking up my remote and there is a
/dev/input/event1 which is squirting stuff back at me.

Unfortunately just like with the DVB driver patch, I can't seem to get
it to detect several keys such as the "red" key, and the bottom left
"prev track" key.  Nothing comes back, and some basic hacking of the
driver tends to suggest that some of these keys must be being
transmitted in a peculiar way?
Perhaps, do you get any extra messages in /var/log/messages?
I was receiving several messages like "no key for 0x1f!".
I needed to add a mapping to the key_map table to get these new values to generate a key event.

I would be interested to know if a) you get your remote detected by the
same driver? b) whether you know how to get these other keys working?
My remote works, but I ended deleting the existing key_map and generating my own from scratch. There seem to be fairly major differences between the remotes. I will post a copy of it later, but it will probably break other remotes, so I don't think it can be merged as-is. The driver probably needs to be made more flexible like the av7110_ir.c to accept a custom key_map via /proc.

sent to the card (I could perhaps do with a pointer to a 101 on how the
IR receiver code works?)
I tried some remotes for my TV, Video etc and none of them generated any response from the driver. It looks like it might be possible to reprogram the TI MSP430 microcontroller to recognise the different types of IR signals. TI even appear to have an app note (slaa134.pdf) on how to use the MSP430 as a remote receiver and provide the source code (slaa134.zip).

Jon