[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

> That nicely outlines the reason why many people don't like XML:
> It's hard to find the interesting information between all those tags.

Ok, double tagging is redundand and can clutter important info if seen
with old green VT100 terminal, but I have discovered that my editor
can do tag highlighting with colors and I immediately understand why
even double_tagging in XML can be a good_thing, and I personally never
again want to work with any other format...

If you are familiar with advanced editors, even emacs and some vi's clones,
there's a whole bunch of nice XML higlighting modules that renders the
important information in XML VERY visible form, because the XML is standard
and therefore editor already knows how to highlight it! Editor can do
syntax cheching and automatic identation of XML too!! You are guaranteed
to produce clean and syntactically correct file with the text editor.

> And to add insult to injury the tag names appear twice for every
> little piece of information. Emards proposal looked much nicer,

:)

> > *****
> > My opinion would be that you have a hierarchical set of data here, store it
> > in a hierarchical format...  XML is one variation of this, but pick the
> > variation which makes sense to you...
> > *****

Absolutely I agree ...