[linux-dvb] Re: R: dvb-kernel slowness?

Barbini Uberto <Uberto.Barbini@ceda.polimi.it> (031201.172131,<1A4E530F40B6D3119E880050041D6DE00413012D@wntceda3.ceda.polimi.it>):
> > > I tested it and it works very nice!
> >
> > did you notice any improvement? what dvb hw?
>
> I'm using vdr 1.2.6 with 2.6.0-test9 and dvb-kernel from cvs.
> I have a tecnotrend dvb-s 1.3 (ves1x93 frontend).

which is the same as what i'm testing with.

> I'm using it for hours without any problem, and switching channels is as
> fast as in old drivers.

i think the version i posted needed one more dvb_delay call in OutCommand,
in order to be more reliable, but it was already more stable than the
DVB-branch ever was.

> However I passed from test9 driver to cvs ones with your patch, and I noted
> an remarkable improvement, but I didn't try cvs "unpatched".

> > Not in this form, i hope :) I'm still trying to improve it a
> > bit; i'll have
> > to test a few other changes, but that requires watching tv
> > for some time,
> > which i don't have right now.. I'll try posting another patch
> > in a few days.
>
> mmh, IMHO it's neat but I don't understand it ;))

it adds a small delay after most frontend writes - this made the
transponder switching delay much more stable, ie without it sometimes
a channel wouldn't lock for a second or two. With this patch vdr
feels not worse than an analog receiver w/ diseqc on.

Thanks for testing,

artur