[linux-dvb] Re: WinTV Nova-t USB

David Mittelstädt wrote:

Tom Harris wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this whole thing, so forgive me if I'm being dense at any point.

I have just installed the dvb-kernel driver. How do I watch TV using it? I tried launching xawtv but got this:

This is xawtv-3.85, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.21-0.13mdk)
can't open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
no video grabber device available

Any ideas? Should I use a different program? Thanks,

Tom.

you need to use a software mpeg decoder like xine, to watch tv with the nova-usb.

david

I got:

-xine engine error-
Input plugin failed to open mrl 'dvb://'

Tom.