[linux-dvb] Re: section demux rewritten

> > and you still can differentiate the returned sections by looking
> > at the service ID field.
>
> OK, for PMTs it would make sense.
>
> But dvbnet???
> Honestly, I don't understand what Emard tries to achieve with 'dvbnet -p 8192'.

1. I want to quickly sweep of the network traffic, but analyzing each stream
with dvbtraffic to get pid histogram and then apply dvbnet -p <pid> for each
in impractical. The application can bind to a single network interface and
changing the interfaces means restaring the application and therefore a lot
of data will be lost during the change

2. Some providers are sending separate data over several pids, while they
could perfectly fit all into one pid and filter out the stuff with ipchains
filter but as the target platform is windows 9x+, doing this isn't a good idea,
so they help users not having the ipchains flexibility by introduction of pid
based separation. Of course, ipchains stuff takes some CPU cycles, but we
are supposed to have them always anyway due to security reasons.

Emard